After graduating from the University of North Carolina School of Law, Bryan began practicing in the employment law and employee benefits areas, working for large law firms that concentrated in those areas. In 2001, Bryan returned to school at the Georgetown University Law Center and studied to receive an LL.M. in Taxation with a concentration in Employee Benefits, a field that includes retirement plans, health insurance plans, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and other similar types of benefits that employees and business partner/owners receive through their employer. As these areas (retirement, health insurance, and short- and long-term disability) affect individuals in a very personal way, Bryan wanted to be able to spend more time with clients in these areas. In 2010, Bryan opened his own law firm, where he expanded his practice areas to include general business litigation and construction law.
Bryan enjoys working with clients to help solve their legal issues in the most efficient and supportive manner. If you’re currently involved in a legal matter—whether as an individual, small business owners, or otherwise—it can be a difficult and stressful time. Bryan and the firm of Marcellino & Tyson try to take as much of the stress and complexity out of the legal process as possible to ensure that our clients understand their options and can make the best decisions to achieve their personal and business goals.
In addition to his responsibilities as a partner with Marcellino & Tyson, PLLC, he remains active in the community, spends time with his wife and five children, and is an active member of Christ Lutheran Church.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Civil Litigation
- ERISA Disputes
- Employment Law
(including health plans, life insurance and retirement plans)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Tax Controversy and Tax Disputes
- Georgia, 1996
- North Carolina, 2004
- U.S. District Court North District of Georgia, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 2004
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 2007
- LL.M. in Taxation with Distinction and Certificate in Employee Benefits
Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C.
- J.D. with Honors, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law
Chapel Hill, NC
- B.A. with Honors in Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, Chapel Hill, NC
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice – Development Committee
- North Carolina State Bar
- Georgia State Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Member, Christ Lutheran Church